|FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
||CONTACT: Georgea Polizos
|April 15, 2013—No. 30
AHI Releases 2013 Policy Statements; Statements Advocate for the Rule of Law
Eleven Membership-based Organizations Endorse Statements
WASHINGTON, DC — The American Hellenic Institute (AHI) announced the release of its 2013 Policy Statements today. The policy statements discuss issues affecting the Greek American community as they pertain to United States relations with Greece, Cyprus, and Turkey. This year, the statements also include AHI’s recently released fact sheet detailing Greece’s contributions to United States interests in the eastern Mediterranean and to NATO.
“We strongly urge everyone to utilize the policy statements to their full potential, educating policymakers and creating awareness of the issues to the greater community at-large,” said AHI President Nick Larigakis. “The positions presented in the document advocate for the application of the rule of law and are in the best interests of the United States. We also sincerely thank the large number of organizations that have endorsed the policy statements.”
The policy statements are approved by several membership-based organizations including:
- American Hellenic Educational Progressive Association (AHEPA)
- American Hellenic Council of California
- Armenian National Committee of America
- Cyprus Federation of America
- Evrytanian Association of America “Velouchi”
- Hellenic American Leadership Council (HALC)
- Hellenic American National Council (HANC)
- International Coordination Committee-Justice for Cyprus (PSEKA)
- Pancretan Association of America
- Pan-Pontian Federation of U.S.A and Canada
- Panepirotic Federation of America
- United Chios Societies of America and Canada
The American Hellenic Institute is a non-profit Greek American public policy center that works to strengthen relations between the United States and Greece and Cyprus, and within the Greek American community.
For additional information, please contact Georgea Polizos at (202) 785-8430 or at email@example.com. For general information about the activities of AHI, please see our Web site at http://www.ahiworld.org.